Martha Sandor was called to the British Columbia Bar in 1990 and practiced with the Vancouver boutique litigation firm of Roberts, Muir & Griffin for 6 years. Subsequently, Ms. Sandor hung up her own shingle for a couple years and in 2000 joined the partnership of Findlay Gunnell Sandor in Maple Ridge, British Columbia.
Ms. Sandor has more than 28 years of trial experience and she has practiced law in a wide variety of areas, including personal injury, complex commercial and property cases, employment law, medical malpractice, family law, disputed estates and human rights. Ms. Sandor’s primary area of practice is personal injury with an emphasis on motor vehicle/ICBC cases. She has represented injured motor vehicle accident victims for over two decades and brings to each case her considerable knowledge of the ICBC framework and key issues such as past and future cost of care, past and future wage loss, out of pocket expenses and damages for pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
As a result of her many years of experience representing motor vehicle accident victims, Ms. Sandor is familiar with defence tactics and strategies and is able to prepare each case to ensure that accident victims receive fair and appropriate compensation for their injuries, either at trial or through negotiation. Ms. Sandor’s cases range from mild/moderate soft tissue and whiplash claims to catastrophic injuries, brain injuries, psychological injuries, chronic pain and wrongful death. Ms. Sandor has conducted cases at all levels of court in British Columbia, including the Provincial Court, Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal.
Ms. Sandor is active in both professional and community groups. She is a member and past President of the New Westminster Bar Association, a member of and a past Governor on the Board of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, a supervising lawyer for the Community Legal Assistance Program and a volunteer lawyer for the Access Justice legal clinics. Ms. Sandor has volunteered for various community groups, such as the Chamber of Commerce, youth soccer and the Youth Restorative Justice Program. Findlay Gunnell Sandor actively supports local charities such as the Sunshine Foundation, Hospital Foundation, Rotary and the Community Foundation.
According to Ms. Sandor:
“Accident victims should get advice as soon as possible so that they have the necessary information to help make informed decisions. After an accident, people may feel vulnerable, scared and not understand what benefits are available to them. Sometimes, all it takes are answers to a few simple questions. Where the injuries are more severe and complex liability or medical issues arise, it may take more time to flesh out the issues. In either case, knowing your rights and understanding the basics of your claim helps ease the stress of an accident and the uncertainty and frustration that usually follow. My job is to help people understand their legal rights and make sure they obtain the benefits and compensation they deserve.”
Ms. Sandor offers a free initial consultation and would be pleased to sit down with you to discuss your case and answer any questions you may have.
Offices Held / Community Activities
- 1991 – 2018 Lawyer Referral
- 2006 – 2018 Member, New Westminster Bar Association
- 2008 Secretary Treasurer, New Westminster Bar Association
- 2008 – 2018 Member, Trial Lawyers Association
- 2009 – 2018 Supervising lawyer for Ridge Meadows Community Legal Assistance Program (Poverty Law)
- 2009 Vice-President, New Westminster Bar Association
- 2010 President, New Westminster Bar Association
- 2011 – 2015 Volunteer Lawyer, Access Pro-Bono, Maple Ridge
- 2011 Board Of Governors, Trial Lawyers Association
- 2012 Board Of Governors, Trial Lawyers Association
Publications and Invited Speaker/Lecturer
- 2002 Police Brutality, B.C. Latin American Congress
- 2002 Consent for Counselling Children During Marital Breakdown, co-authored with George Bryce, B.C. Association of Clinical Counselors, INSIGHTS, Winter 2002
- 2013 Trial Briefs and the Unrepresented Litigant, Amici Curia Study Group
- 2013 Discovery Practice, Preparing Your Witness For Discovery, CLE
- 2013 General Practice Management, New Westminster Bar Association, Young Lawyers
- 2014 Managing the Difficult Witness, The Advocates Society
- 2015 Closing Submission, The Advocates Society