Mr. Findlay is a graduate of the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law and was called to the British Columbia Bar in 1992. Mr. Findlay initially practiced with a large Vancouver law firm before choosing to set down roots in Maple Ridge in 1994. In 1998 he and Robert Gunnell formed the law firm of Findlay Gunnell, and with the addition of Martha Sandor in 2000, the firm became known as Findlay Gunnell Sandor.
Mr. Findlay is a trial lawyer with more than 25 years of courtroom experience. Mr. Findlay has conducted trials in the areas of personal injury, complex corporate commercial disputes, criminal law, both as an ad hoc prosecutor and as a defence attorney, family law and property disputes. Mr. Findlay often appears at all levels of Court, including Provincial Court, Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal.
Currently, Mr. Findlay’s primary area of focus is personal injury/motor vehicle accident cases. Having formerly conducted ICBC defence cases, Mr. Findlay has an intricate knowledge of ICBC defence strategies. Mr. Findlay’s cases range from mild whiplash and soft tissue injuries to catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, chronic pain and fatal accidents. Mr. Findlay’s in-depth knowledge of key issues, such as future wage loss, aggravation of pre-existing conditions, future cost of care and the quantum of damages for pain, suffering and the loss of enjoyment of life helps ensure each client receives fair and reasonable compensation for their injuries.
Mr. Findlay is a proud resident of Maple Ridge and gives an extensive amount of his time to support the community. He is a past President of the Chamber of Commerce serving Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, a past President of the Rotary Club of Haney, Past Co-Chair of the Ridge Meadows Hospital CT (Computed Tomography) scanner fundraising committee, a Director and President of the Ridge Meadows Youth Diversion Committee and a Director of the Maple Ridge Community Foundation. He has helped raise funds for our local hospital, the Disability Games and the BC Summer Games. Mr. Findlay says he has been blessed by the support of the community in his professional endeavours and looks forward to continuing his service within the community.
Mr. Findlay offers a free initial consultation and would be pleased to review and discuss how we might be of assistance to you.
Offices Held / Community Activities
- 2000 – 2017 Member, New Westminster Bar Association
- 2000 – 2001 President, Maple Ridge Chamber Of Commerce
- 2001 – 2002 President, Maple Ridge Rotary Club
- 2001 – 2017 Member, Trial Lawyers Association of B.C.
- 2001 – 2016 Lawyer Referral Service
- 2002 Lead Organizer to save Maple Ridge Provincial Courthouse
- 2009 – 2017 Legal Supervisor for Ridge Meadows Community Legal Assistance Program
- 2009 – 2014 Committee Member, Ridge Meadows Youth and Justice Advocacy Association (Youth Diversion)
- 2014 Vice President, Ridge Meadows Youth and Justice Advocacy Association (Youth Diversion)
- 2015 President, Ridge Meadows Youth and Justice Advocacy Association (Youth Diversion)
- 2015 to present Board member, Maple Ridge Community Foundation
- Various Dates Moderator for mayoral and other election debates